Since I’m currently not holding any regular conditioning classes (due to our summer break), I add 15 minutes of circuit training at the end of each Shinergy class. On thursday, I heard one of my athletes say „those were the hardest 15 minutes of my life“. Seems like I’m doing something right.
Our circuit follow a certain scheme:
- 40 seconds of strength-endurance exercise 1, followed by 20 seconds of rest
- 40 seconds of kettlebell-swings, followed by 20 seconds of rest
- 40 seconds of some other (fixed) strength-endurance exercise, followed by 20 seconds rest
- repeat for strength-endurance exercise 2,3,4,5
Hence, the circuit takes 15 minutes to finish and consists of five rounds of different strength-endurance exercises (usually done using suspension trainer or bodyweight only), five rounds of kettlebell swings and five rounds of some rather arbitrary strength-endurance exercise (e.g. rope-skipping, shadow-boxing, …)
Today, we did the following circle:
- Atomic push-ups -> Swings -> Step-Ups with medicine ball
- Suspended lunge (left leg only) -> Swings -> Step-Ups with medicine ball
- Inverted rows -> Swings -> Step-Ups with medicine ball
- Suspended lunge (right leg only) -> Swings -> Step-Ups with medicine ball
- Suspended lunge -> Swings -> Step-Ups with medicine ball
Without further ado, I’ll just show you the videos:
Tomorrow I’ll be off for Poland (I’m shooting for 10 days, could be a bit more, could be a bit less). When I come back, I’ll probably elaborate a bit on the benefits of circuit training and why you should definately give it a try.